I had it on my do before baby list for a few reasons. First, I wanted all the important life information in one place. From medical information to insurance information for the house and personal, to passwords, contact information and more. There are things hubs handles that I don't know and visa versa. So with little miss on the way and more important information to organize, I decided now was the time to make the binder. I used Pinterest and Google to get an idea of documents I thought we would benefit from having in our binder. I found some great printables out there but I'm type A and I wanted everything to match. So, I decided to create most of my own forms. I did purchase a few that were already perfect they way they were.
I organized my binder into 5 sections.
1. Important Information which includes emergency information, medical information and insurance policies.
2. Budget which includes monthly bill pay and the monthly budget I purchased here.
3. Home/ Auto which includes the auto log, home maintenance log found here, password log and lending information found here.
4. Cleaning which contains my cleaning schedule.
5. Contacts which contains contact information and important dates.
I'm thrilled with the way the binder turned out and ever happier that I didn't have to spend $40 on one. The goal for this binder is that it will keep D and I on the same page with household things and will make it easier to find the information we need immediately. I have high hopes for this binder! Below you'll find the papers I created for the binder. Enjoy!
Have you tried a home binder? Did it work? How do you keep your important information organized?
If you are interested in any of these files, I'd be happy to email them to you.